COVID-19: CMN response and resources
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Canadian Mountain Network has developed a Risk Management Plan to ensure operational continuity and support for our staff, volunteers, researchers, and trainees. Key actions taken last week in response to this challenge are listed below. Please subscribe to CMN’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts for updates and resources.
- CMN’s offices are closed and staff and contractors have been directed to work from home.
- In addition to email, our team can still be reached by phone on our general line (780-492-6366) or the numbers listed in our staff directory.
- Please send any correspondence digitally wherever possible, as we anticipate delays in mail that is routed through the University of Alberta’s internal mail system. General inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
- CMN-funded travel for staff, contractors, and volunteers has been indefinitely postponed. This does not apply to funded researchers and their teams, who should follow the directives of their own organizations and public health officials.
- The deadline for CMN Principal Investigators to submit annual financial reports (Form 300s) has been postponed from April 15, 2020 to May 15, 2020.
- The CMN-sponsored Reconciling Ways of Knowing Forum that was scheduled for May 2020 has been indefinitely postponed. The organizers are committed to holding the event at the appropriate time and CMN will provide updates through their newsletter and social media.