#MountainsMatter for Water: A Panel Discussion
The importance of mountains on everyday life is often overlooked, on December 11, 2018, the Canadian Mountain Network will celebrate mountains with a panel discussion on #MountainsMatter for Water as a part of the third Anual Mountain Festival at the University of Alberta.
At 5 pm the evening will begin with a Refreshment and Networking opportunity for attendees and the panel participants. At 5:30 PM Roger Epp, of UAlberta North, will moderate the five panellists presenting on their diverse areas of research before the audience will have an opportunity to participate in a question period prior to the conclusion of the evening.
- William Snow – Culturally Important Water Places in the Bow Valley.
- Bill Donahue – Climate change and its effects on water quantity and quality.
- Rolf Vineberg – Mountain aquatic ecosystems and how they’re responding to cumulative impacts of multiple stressors.
- Dan Farr – Alberta’s headwaters as living laboratories.
- Leon Andrew – Central Mackenzie Mountain watershed
Please join CMN at the Telus Centre 1-50 from 5 pm to 7 pm for this engaging night on the relationship between mountains and water. Seats are limited.